30 April, 2009

Bicycling

As I believe just about everyone who knows me is aware, one of the few outdoor activities I enjoy is bicycling. My wife and I both own Trek 4300 Mountain Hardtail bikes and we get to ride just about every weekend. Additionally, as I work from home I will often take my bike to a nearby trail on my lunch hour. Great break from the work day as well as a good way to exercise. Occasionally I'll take pictures with my camera phone to upload...it's just such a beautiful ride (see example above).

This is a portion of Greensboro's NW Greenway, a popular spot for walkers, runners, bikers, etc. It runs roughly from the intersection of Strawberry Rd. and 220N to Guilford Courthouse National Military Park (ca. 6-7 miles).

I've only been biking for a little over a year and I'm still not 100% comfortable in the saddle. I probably use my brakes more than necessary and I've only recently begun to feel comfortable removing one or both hands from the grips while riding. So, contrast my inexperience with the incredible display in the following video:



I'd break my freakin' neck if I ever tried any of that stuff, but boy does it look like fun!

No comments: