06 June, 2007

Death by soundbite...

Al Gore's latest book, The Assault on Reason, purports to detail how (in the words of the description at Amazon.com) "...the politics of fear, secrecy, cronyism, and blind faith has combined with the degradation of the public sphere to create an environment dangerously hostile to reason." I haven't yet read the book, but it's on my list. Even so, I find myself in immediate agreement with his thesis. Simply put, it fits perfectly with my own experiences and observations over the last decade or so. Interestingly enough, this observation also dovetails neatly with a story I just read about Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, but I'll save that for a following post...

Oh, and the illustration is the 05.28.07 Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling. On point as usual and found at gocomics...

No comments: