22 July, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Okay, the seventh and final volume in the Harry Potter series was released on Saturday. I purchased my copy at 7:30 pm, sat down to read about 9:00, read through until I finally went to sleep at 02:00 am, and then read off and on pretty much all day today (except for playing tennis this morning and attending a birthday party for my nephew this afternoon, finally finishing up around 9:30 this evening. All 759 pages.

No spoilers here and no review either, other than to say that it was worth the wait! I think I'll wait a couple of weeks, and then post a review complete with what I thought was going to be in the book and what actually ended up being in the book. For now, let me just say that apparently I'm psychic..

Update: rather funny take on possible alternate endings (absolutely no spoilers!) as written by such literary luminaries as Mario Puzo, George Lucas, Joss Whedon, Terry Gilliam & others. HT: Whedonesque.

No comments: